Things to do before you graduate
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
If you’re anything like me you can’t wait to get out of Oklahoma and experience new adventures in life. But adults always talk about looking fondly on their senior year so before you go away and head off to another state or city there’s still some things in Tulsa that you need to go do with your friends!
- Peace of Mind – This gift shop is the perfect spot to look for crystals, bohemian jewelry, herbs, incense or other unique gifts. This two level shop is so cozy and gives off the best vibes as soon as you walk in. After browsing their selection of gifts downstairs, visitors may go upstairs which looks like a dimly lit library that smells of patchouli oil. Upstairs is where the owner of the store teaches small group classes about many interesting things including chakras and crystals.
- Bohemian Pizza – Located in Downtown Tulsa this hole in the wall pizza restaurant is the cutest place to get a thin crispy pizza cooked to perfection. Practically nobody knows about this pizza place because it is so small. Their patio is located in a wonderfully decorated alleyway. Dogs are welcomed on the patio and if it’s a little chilly when you go they have rug blankets that they keep rolled up by all their tables and tall heaters to make guests as comfortable as possible. Live music will be performed on coordinating nights, so it’s possible you could hear the next up and coming indie band while you munch.
- Cain’s Ballroom – Arguably the best venue to listen to live music in. If you haven’t experienced a show at Cain’s Ballroom, then what are you doing? This venue has so much history that makes it on the must perform list for many artists and bands. Cain’s Ballroom has been compared to Red Rocks and other amazing venues in the U.S. Its floor was built with springs underneath it so that you can get the most out of your dancing experience. Cain’s appeals to a lot of people with its many diverse bands that get to perform here. No matter what style of music you’re into they have DJ’s for the EDM fans, R&B artists, and indie bands that perform every week.
- Elote Restaurant– Great local tacos featuring great entertainment! This restaurant in downtown Tulsa serves great fresh Mexican food but my favorite part about Elote is the luchadores! On certain nights of the month, the waiters and waitresses dress up as luchadors, Mexican wrestlers and wrestle each other in a small ring in the restaurant as guests crowd around and cheer. There’s ridiculous costumes, crowd chanting, and wrestling which makes great entertainment for you and your friends. On Cinco De Mayo, Elote performs their wrestling outside and even hosts Chihuahua races.
- Run The Color Run 5k – I ran this fun 5k one year with some friends and had such a great time I had to run it again the next year! It’s a race that takes you all through Riverside and Tulsa. Everyone who runs it wears bright colored clothes and as you run people throw colored powder at you. By the time you finish you’re covered in rainbows. The color run comes to Tulsa every year and is definitely something that is a good memory to look back on. It’s such a unique race, it doesn’t even feel like running and before you know it you’ve hit every color station and can see the finish line! Once racers cross the finish line and get their picture taken they head over to a huge stage and enjoy some family-friendly music. The DJ on the stage coordinates everyone to throw their color packets when the beat drops and again racers get covered in color!
It’s easy to get caught up in all the new places you’ll go and see after graduation but don’t forget that even though you may have grown up here your whole life there is still fun things to do around town. So the next time you’re stuck at home watching Netflix just remember you could still have fun in Tulsa